Thursday, October 26, 2006
About six months ago, I strayed from the path of writing this blog. I weaned myself off quite quickly, and within... oh say... an hour, I was finished and felt alright about my decision.

I had built a nice team of 20 or so writers. Then we all departed ways at the end of the academic year. We had all planned to continue, but it proved so difficult, and I wanted to simply just lie in the sun, pretending I didn't exist. Whe time came to head back to the campus we werent heading the same way. Last year, most of us were going to UNC-Greensboro. Naveed, who held a short position as co-editor, ended up at Chapel Hill; many "withdrew;" some are now on the missing persons list; and I transferred over to Guilford College, a little bity private Quaker school. It is certainly more my style - more challenging and definitely more community oriented.

Happy and now pretty well adjusted, I find myself a bit bored late at night (insomnia). I thought maybe I should give blogging another shot, eh, theres only about 8 million music blogs now anyway, so why not join em'?

Here I am. Here we go.

This go-round I plan to be a bit more personal, I plan to more flexible about what I write.
Tomorrow I will have my first real post, but for now, heres to many more, enjoy these mp3's I dug up around the net for your pleasure. (Expect MANY more mp3's with each post.)


[mp3's]
Deerhoof - L'amour Stories
Thee More Shallows - Freshman Thesis
Joan Of Arc - Fleshy Jeffery
Groove Collective - Sabrosona
The Winks - Snakes!
The Clientele - An Hour Before The Light
Explosions In The Sky - Look Into The Air
Graves - Val K
Norfolk & Western - The Longest Stare
Shelley Short - Like Anything Its Small
Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disko
Boize Noize - Le Disko Remix
Lady Sovereign - Love Me Or Hate Me (Missy Elliott Remix)
Whitey - A Walk In The Dark
Tom Waits - Bottom Of The World
The Panda Band - Eyelashes
The Rosebuds - Hold On To This Coat
Soul Wax - Miserable Girl
Barton Carroll - Scorched Earth
Barton Carroll - Cat on a Beach
Paul Brill - Paris is On

Peace,
Matt

P.S. - Check out Motel de Moka, where I picked up a few of these songs, its my favorite blog around right now (its in English... sometimes.)