Sunday, June 17, 2007
I had planned to go home this week, likely very, very soon. You see, I am 4 hours away. I had work. Now I don't. I miss home. Especially when I'm broke. Unfortunately, my primary form of transportation has decided to break. I'm not sure what is wrong, but my Beloved struggles along sounding as if she has become a wheat mill.

In honor of Georgia, my car, I present this weeks mixtape:

1 Dr. Dog - Ain't it Strange
2 Dntel - Roll On (Feat. Jenny Lewis)
3 Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood - Summer_Wine
4 Red House Painters - Summer Dress
5 The Maccabees - About Your Dress
6 City and Colour - In The Water I Am Beautiful
7 Idaho - Down in the Waves
8 M83 - Unrecorded

9 Sufjan Stevens - For The Widows In Paradise, For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti (thePunkGuy.com)
10 Devendra Banhart - At The Hop
11 Saturday Looks Good To Me - The Girl’s Distracted
12 Handsome Furs - What We Had
13
Pacha Massive - Drive
14 El Perro Del Mar - It’s All Good|

 



3 Thoughts:


Anonymous Anonymous on 11:07 pm

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Unknown on 5:30 am

It's a good way of honoring a car... I'm sure it would have been happy to have these songs rolling on the stereo :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous on 10:29 am

I think John Mayer's "Why Georgia" would be a funny addition to this list.

"Why Georgia why!!!"