Thursday, June 14, 2007
When a person experiences great change, the event often totally interrupts ones life, one is likely to turn to a variety of devices in an attempt to overcome the event (i.e. lots and lots of liqour, emo music, crack, whores, crack whores, etc). I turned to a variety of things. Here is a mixtape of emotionally invigorating music and other nonsense. I took a lot of these tracks from the blogosphere, many from this amazing blog: AM180 Thank them for the bandwidth, please.

This weeks playlist.

Pond PA - If you live
Frankel - Tooth decay
YACHT - Its coming to get you
Róisín Murphy - Overpowered
Pigeon Detectives - Left Alone
Ray Charles - Hallelujah I Love Her So
Honeymoon Killers - Laisse tomber les filles
Jil Caplan - Des Toutes Petites Choses
Elias diá Kimuezo - Salambinga
Ari Hest - Bird Never Flies
Meese - Taking the World On
Masta Ace feat. Koolade - Survival
Jason Isbell - Chicago Promenade
Thieves Like Us - Headlong Into Night
Bishop Allen - Flight 180
Sway - Sky is Falling
Apples in Stereo - The Rainbow
Dignan - They're Outnumbered
Schooner - There's Enough To Do
Iron & Wine - Boy With a Coin (an angry ogre came along)
Kristoffer Ragnstam - Dr Give the World a Smile
Bodies of Water - I Guess We'll Forget the Sound, I Guess, I Guess

Does anybody want to go to Louisiana with me? Or better yet, does anybody who lives in Louisiana want to let me sleep on their floor?
 



2 Thoughts:


Anonymous Anonymous on 4:55 pm

great mix! if I lived in louisiana I would let you stay in my basement

 

Anonymous Anonymous on 5:56 am

I am the same I always choose music to match the mood I am experiencing or even to try and change one, the right play list can make a big difference to how you get through the day or react to certain circumstances.